Monday 13 April 2020

THE PROFESSOR'S DREAM


June 12, 2019

Prof. Verma walked with a gentle pace to attend to the doorbell. There was a young man standing with a folder in his hand and wide smile on his face.
He bowed down to touch the professor's feet, and said, "Sir, this is Sohum Koushik, Batch of 2012, Mechanical Engineering."
"Please come inside. Although I can recall not much, but it is nice to see you again."
"Sir, I understand that. I was not the brightest in class. Managed to get one point above the average." smiled Sohum.
"Ah! It is fine. Grade points do not matter if you have ideas. Finally, if you are satisfied enough to have a peaceful cup of coffee in your retirement days, it means you have done good on this planet." The professor laughed.

"Sir, this is why I admire you. That is why I have come here to see you. Mother says that the one who teaches the principle of life is someone you must always be grateful to." said Sohum.
"Oh! I feel so great. What do you do now? IT or core?"
"Sir, I have co-founded an organization with my friend. We develop machines for organic farming right from sowing to harvesting. We have co-operative societies which provide these on minimal rent to traditional farmers. Later, the products are sold online and offline. Our organization provides the online platform at zero cost."
"Wow! I feel proud of you, son. You are giving back in a nice way."
"All credit to you, Sir. During our final semester, you had asked if each one of us had decided on our next journey. I could not answer you then. I skipped this in the feedback form too. Everyday I fought with myself to get this answer. You had said that one day each one of us would know the purpose of our dreams. I had no dream back then. But that day came to me and I could finally decide what suited me. I have prayed since then that I shall meet you to thank you for those words. This brought me here."
Prof. Verma's eyes moistened with pride. He felt his life fulfilled. He said, "Thank you for your feedback, my son! This is the best till date."

No comments:

Post a Comment