Sunday 24 December 2017

OMELETTE

(Merry Christmas)

A foggy morning,
stubborn clothes hanging,
willing not to dry
till the clock went past nine!
I discouraged myself
to warm up for a jog:
I had started only a day before,
for my belly like a trapezoid
extended to faraway places
and the Sharmas had 
already started! 
Sigh!

Who wastes a Sunday?
I slept till noon
in peace with the neighbours
who would protest my music...
I call it 'mutated classical',
neither understood I
nor did they!

I sprung from my toilet seat
like a 'monk with a hundred wands'!
The kitchen seemed a hall
and the egg a candle,
I burned my prayers on the stove
with sauces, carrots and capsicum,
each mingling with the onions
like a prophecy of the gods.
The cheese melted like wax
into the yolk of the egg,
into the soul of my gourmet self
and I lived my Sunday
just as I live myself!

1 comment: