Monday 15 June 2015

HAFNIUM, MY LOVE


[Dedicated to people and scholars working on semiconductor devices and electronics]

I haven't seen the barber
since the last one year,
because I am in love
with a lady named Hafnium!

She had called me a fool
when I didn't know the rule
that a day is enough not
to please a Mistress hot!

She would react often
on seeing ice cream silly cones,
and I would sincerely calculate
permittivity of her vocal tones!

The morning rains turned me lazy,
zero jogs affect health's kinks,
she pleases me with her constant 22;
love is a current, there's only a you!

Noiseless neighbourhood
and candle-light Indian food-
there's a power cut
how can life conduct?

Hafnium, my love,
pleasant winds out
can never kill my warmth
you shall be mine, 
my simulated bride!

                                                          ***

[NOTE: For anyone not so familiar with transistors or electronics, the following one-liner on italicised words in the poem may basically help!
1. Hafnium is a metal, and its oxide is used as gate dielectric in modern day transistors.
2. silly cones: refers to Silicon- a semiconductor used in transistors
3. permittivity: the property of a material to hold electrical charge
4. kinks: undesirable shoots in a plot, especially in current.
5. constant 22: relative permittivity of Hafnium Oxide is 22, also known as dielectric constant
6. noise: unwanted fluctuation in electrical circuits
7. conduct: to transfer electrons (current) from one point to another
8. simulated: transistors and circuits are often tested on real-time softwares before manufacture]


No comments:

Post a Comment