Sunday 1 March 2015

THE BREAKFAST TRAGEDY

Morning alarm!
Useless like a fluffy dog
too lazy to chase away
village burglars! 


The thin woman on the other side
of the hostel street shouts
better and earlier,
more disgusting than my
new alarm clock!

I had locked it at six;
she yelled at five-fifty
and
when I had ensured 
it was five-fifty,
she vibrated her tonsils
at five-thirty!

A queen of terror is she-
killing a boy's talented nights
and placid mornings,
five minutes of dreams
make vibrant
scholars...
motivators have blabbered so!
She never has felt so!

How a thin piece of flesh
can yield so much of waves
enough to shatter window panes!
I quarrel with her often,
more often than Golden,
my angry roommate.

Things haven't changed-
the morning paranthas
pressed and tortured and fried
look more fortunate than me:
a bowl of curd to soothe 
their body burns
and I?
I only have memories
of a hazardous morning
still lulling me to
unwanted coma!

I should file a case,
a case of
pollution,
slow poison!
No...no...
I should arrange a protest!
Placards must be printed!
Shantanu's press is cheaper
they say...

But I should have some sleep!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment