Tuesday 24 February 2015

AND SHE SMILED!

(tribute to mothers)

The street was discouraging!
Smell of burnt food cooked
in broken teapots reduced
every good emotion to zero!


Scattered waste around
only accompanied their times
and the uncovered drain
ridiculed their plight!
All that favoured them
was the sunny sky above
where they believed
gods lived
...or perhaps not.


She tried hard to cover her breasts,
her boy asking for more milk
but
motherhood stood helpless,
and she cried at her child!
He wept but she didn't!
Tears had dried up long ago!


I preferred sweets
over cigarettes,
challenging the worries
of my little wife!
I had a chocolate still:
a part of it bitten in temptation!
I couldn't offer more
but a few bites
for her motherhood!
She looked at me-
surprises had no moments
to live.
And she smiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment