Monday 23 February 2015

A WRITER AND A WOMAN



Even a cabbage appears romantic
when I prepare a perfect dish!
She likes salads.
Life is cruel:
price hike in cabbages
brings a pinch in my heart's
deepest veins.

My pen stretches its nib
along the used pages of grocery.
She loves my poems-
they are not scholarly
 
but they amuse her
like daily soaps,
and I feel like winning
a municipal election!
Love is stored in coconuts even:
one soft straw and two lips
in turn can draw the world's
best warmth of lives!
The young summer boys
play rough cricket games:
I can bat a bit
but bowling is still fowl-
she, but, loves it,
laughs all around when I bowl
and that's when I allow
my ink to flow as it wishes-
to speak a mind,
only for her laughs!

......
But cabbages are still expensive.
I can borrow one from the Minister's wife
to prepare the best salad,
but she allows me not!

No comments:

Post a Comment